After Covid-19 – Temporary Changes to the way we accept reservations and provide the Bed & Breakfast experience at Torlundy House. We making changes in an effort to minimise risk and comply with any social distancing and health restrictions we must adhere to in the future while COVID-19 remains a worldwide risk.
After COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Reservation / Booking procedures
- Provision of valid credit card details at the time of making your reservation will be required.
- We reserve the right to pre-authorise your card for the cost of your reservation at any time after you place your reservation.
- In the event there is a resurgence of COVID-19 and we are required to close and cancel your reservation there will be no cancellation charges.
- In the event you cancel your reservation our normal cancellation charges will apply unless you can provide documentation showing that you are prevented from travel. For example, your home country restricts you leaving, your carrier (flight, ferry or train) cancels your travel due to COVID restrictions.
- We will offer to transfer your reservation to a date in the future (maximum 12 months) at no additional cost and at the original price agreed should the situation require us to close down again.
- If you request a room for 1 night we reserve the right to add an additional charge as our costs are significantly increased.
- We are working on a method of Registration that is paperless.
- If you are not a UK resident we are obliged to collect additional information for registration such as Passport Number and Visa Number. If this is not provided before your arrival then we will require you to complete a written registration form.
After COVID-19 Temporary Changes to in house practice, arrangements, payment methods etc.
When travel and lockdown restrictions allow us to re-open we are proposing to make temporary alterations to the way we work to protect our guests, business and ourselves. These could include the following changes:
- Limiting the number of rooms available to guests to 2 or 3 occupied at a time to allow us extra time to deep clean after guests check out.
- Allow rooms to have 1 or more days unoccupied between guests to allow for deep cleaning.
- We may check your body temperature using a non contact infrared thermometer before allowing you to enter Torlundy House. If the result indicates a fever then we reserve the right to refuse entry.
- In the event you show symptoms of COVID-19 or become asymptomatic whilst at Torlundy House we will follow the guidelines of the Scottish Government in place at that time.
- Rooms will be serviced daily when staying for more than 1 night but on a restricted basis. We will clean the bathroom and all touch points and hard touch surfaces in the room, and the hospitality tray will be re-stocked, the bed will be pulled back to air it, but it will not be re-made. You must ask us not to carry out this daily servicing if it not required.
- If you are staying more then 4 nights the bedding will be changed in addition to cleaning.
- It is not our normal practice to move guests personal belongings to carry out housekeeping and this will remain the case. In that event some hard surfaces may not be cleaned.
- Clean towels will be provided every other day as we normally do.
- We always add a laundry disinfectant to our washing machines. This will of course continue.
- Continental Breakfast must be ordered at the time of making your reservation to meet the requests from guests who do not require breakfast or prefer to make alternative arrangements elsewhere, such as a cooked breakfast. Guests not requiring breakfast will not be charged for it.
- Breakfast room will be re-configured to aid social distancing.
- Continental breakfast will include as many individually wrapped items as possible and each table will have it’s own fresh un-wrapped items, effectively providing each room with their own buffet. This may limit some of the options we would normally provide.
- Reserve the right to remove some food items from our menu to limit exposure to general atmosphere and / or cover items.
- Residents lounge is large and will safely social distance up to 2 couples.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at various places in the public areas.
- Cash Payments are no longer accepted. Only credit and debit cards, Applepay, GooglePay and SamsungPay will be accepted.
- Pre-payment of your booking before or during your stay is now possible to avoid using credit/debit cards.
- Reserve the right to introduce other arrangements where required or advised to.
- There will no longer be the possibility of early check in to allow us time to ensure all necessary work has been carried out.
- To allow time to carry out all cleaning and hygiene requirements and maintain our social distancing we will require all guests to be away from the house between 10am and 4pm (10.00hrs and 16.00hrs)
- If we are busy checking in guests you will be asked to wait outside until we can check you in on your own.
- On arrival at Torlundy House please ring the bell outside the front door and wait for us to come to the front door – Please Do Not Enter the House before we come to the door.
These After Covid-19 – Temporary Changes will lead to extra time being required to provide our service to you, but this is in all our interests and we ask for your co-operation.
The additional arrangements also increase our costs, and the reduction in rooms occupied impacts on our lively-hood. We don’t want this after having our income reduced to zero for many months, but must introduce them to get back to the new normality for the future. We can only do this with the co-operation of our guests.
Lastly, more than ever now it will be important to make reservations at restaurants for evening dining. A list of the main places our guests have used over the years can be found here.
If you have any questions about any of our After COVID-19 – Temporary Changes we urge you to email or telephone us for clarification before you make your reservation. Email and telephone number at the top right of this page.
To tempt you, here is the view of Ben Nevis from our Breakfast Room! Not many B&Bs have this view at breakfast time.
Frank and Jesse welcome you back to The Highlands
Here is what Frank and Jesse's humans are doing to welcome you back to visiting The Highlands safely.
What do our guests say about us?
Take a look at what our Guests said about their stays with us over the years. Here are some excerpts from our Guest Book. You can also look us up on Tripadvisor.