Room Tariff & Terms are based on the room being occupied by the number of persons it is designed for. Some rooms are available for single occupancy and will be shown and with price when you search for availability. When you make a reservation you will also be given the option to make your booking on a “Room Only” basis with the cost reduced for no breakfast.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A DISCOUNT IS APPLIED TO THE TARIFF PRICES SHOWN BELOW FOR ALL BOOKINGS MADE DIRECT WITH US.
|Room Tariff for 2020 & 2021 per room per night|
|Including Breakfast||Low Season *||High Season *|
|King Double Ensuite||From £95.00||From £115.00|
|Twin Single beds Ensuite||From £95.00||From £115.00|
Note: Room Tariff is per room per night based on a 2 night stay and EXCLUDES any discount or Special Offers that are applicable from time to time. You can check exact price by using the “Book Now” facility for real time availability and pricing.
If you do not want Breakfast on some of your days, make a note on the booking and we will adjust the price accordingly for you.
Prices available if you book using an Online Travel Agent such as Booking.com or Expedia do not include breakfast (this is a chargeable extra) and we cannot offer our flexible Terms & Conditions.
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN (AND ALWAYS WILL BE) LESS COSTLY TO BOOK DIRECT WITH US.
Single night reservations may be available, however for the time being as we will have to close rooms for 1 night between reservations to allow for deep cleaning and sanitisation due to the COVID-19 situation there will be a additional supplementary charge. Please contact us via email or telephone to discuss your requirement on an individual basis.
Sorry we are unable to offer access or parking for Commercial Vehicles, Mini Buses or cars towing trailers/caravans due to access and space limitations. Free off road parking for 1 car per room is available.
Special Offers and Discounts:
From time to time we may advertise Special Offers or Discounts on our Tariff & Terms. These offers may be advertised on our website or our entry on TripAdvisor. For this reason, Discounts or Special Offers are only available when booked direct with us by telephone, email or our online booking system on this website or via Tripadvisor. We do not make any special offers available when booking through an Online Travel Agent such as Booking.com or Expedia.
Our online booking facility will show any offers you can take advantage of and if you select an offer the discount will be calculated for you and applied to your booking cost.
Seasonal variations of Tariff & Terms:
* Low Season Tariff & Terms apply until 30th April excluding Easter, and also from 1st October until winter closure.
* High Season Tariff & Terms apply from 1st May until 30th September and includes the Easter weekend.
- Bank Holidays are charged at High Season rate.
- Some double rooms have a discount for single occupancy.
- Please tell us about any special dietary requirements when placing your reservation.
- Young people over the age of 16 years are welcome and charged at the adult rate.
- We do not accommodate young persons under the age of 16 years.
- Guest’s pets are not allowed in the house.
- Please note that we do not normally accept bookings from groups of more than 4 people.
- Stag and Hen bookings are not accepted.
- We reserve the right to restrict bookings to a minimum of 2 nights in High Season and over Bank Holidays.
- One night reservations carry an additional supplementary charge due to increased cleaning time and costs, this will be reflected in the price shown if a room is available for single night reservation. If not shown then contact us for more details.
- Torlundy House is non-smoking and non-vaping (e-cigarettes) establishment. If you smoke or vape in the house you will be charged for deep cleaning and any financial loss we incur whilst the room is closed for cleaning. You will also be required to check out immediately and the full cost of your stay will be charged in addition to an extra £100.00 for additional cleaning.
- Consumption of illegal substances will not be tolerated in Torlundy House or it’s grounds.
- Our guest house is also our home.
- We are unable to offer access or parking for Commercial vehicles, Mini Buses or cars towing trailers/caravans due to restricted access. Drivers of these vehicles will need to contact us before placing a booking to discuss parking options. The maximum vehicle size is is that of a seven seat people carrier.
Reservation Terms: – please note during these times some of these Terms will have to be more strictly adhered to or withdrawn. Further details can be found on the page “After COVID-19 – Temporary Changes”
- Check in is between 4pm and 7pm (16.00hrs and 19.00hrs). We respectfully request latest check in by 7pm (19.00hrs). We reserve the right to refuse check in outside our normal check in hours, unless prior agreement has been reached no less than 24 hours in advance of check in. As a result you may be refused check in after 19.00hrs (7pm) but will be charged for your reservation as it will be deemed a “no show”.
- If you are unavoidable delayed you must contact us to advise us how late you will arrive. We advise you ensure sufficient time to ensure you can check in during our normal hours.
- At this time early luggage drop off is not possible.
- Check out is by 10am. We use the time between 10am and 4pm to clean and service rooms ready for your return. It is relevant to mention that we are a guest house, not a hotel. This is our opportunity to make everything right for you and carry out minor maintenance/service work.
- A non-refundable reservation fee or payment in full before Check In is required for most reservations, paid by providing your credit/debit card details. If this is not required we require provision of credit/debit card details as alternative. We will advise you of the amount of reservation fee required (usually £30.00 per room) when you make your reservation. We also reserve the right to pre-authorise card accounts the full amount of your reservation.
- Rooms are not reserved after 5pm (17.00hrs) without payment of the reservation fee.
- Reservation fees are non-refundable unless by prior agreement and are then subject to a charge of £5.00 to cover bank / administration charges for the refund.
- We accept payment by credit and debit cards including American Express. We no longer accept payment by cash.
- You can also make payment using ApplePay.
- In the unlikely event any guest indulges in behaviour considered unacceptable, disruptive, offensive or anti-social to other guests or the owners, or causes deliberate damage to the premises, we reserve the right to terminate the reservation, requiring vacation of the premises and payment of the balance of the reservation in full. We will make a charge to cover any damages or deep cleaning. Examples are smoking (including e-cigarettes) in the house, alcohol and drug abuse, offensive language. All we ask is respect that Torlundy House is the home of the your hosts and a peaceful place for guests to enjoy their stay.
Cancellation / failure to check in policy:
Accepting accommodation by telephone, online booking, email or in writing means you have entered into a legally binding contract with us. We understand there are circumstances where cancellation is unavoidable. The sooner you tell us the more we can do to avoid charging you as we can usually re-let cancelled rooms, especially in the high season. We prefer another guest to occupy the room rather than charging you.
- If a reservation is cancelled within 7 days of the arrival date we will make every effort to re-let the room. We will retain or charge the reservation fee and charge the balance of the first night of your reservation if the room is not re-booked.
- In the event you “fail to check in” or “cancel on the day of check in” we reserve the right to charge your credit / debit card account the full amount of your reservation.
- For your protection and to fulfil your agreement with us we advise that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
To tempt you, here is the view of Ben Nevis from our Breakfast Room! Not many B&Bs have this view at breakfast time.
Frank and Jesse welcome you back to The Highlands
Here is what Frank and Jesse's humans are doing to welcome you back to visiting The Highlands safely.
What do our guests say about us?
Take a look at what our Guests said about their stays with us over the years. Here are some excerpts from our Guest Book. You can also look us up on Tripadvisor.