Holiday in the clean open air here in the Highlands of Scotland
Changes to Cancellation Terms – COVID-19. We want to you have the confidence to make a reservation with us and come back to Scotland, and Torlundy House.
The information we are posting here is “fluid”, meaning it will change as the situation and guidance on the way we have to operate changes. Hospitality is getting back to a “New Normal” way of offering a guest experience.
COVID SECURE Reservation: When you make a reservation with us using our own direct booking system (including Tripadvisor, the websites of the Fort William Accommodation Marketing Group and FortWilliam.co.uk) that has to be cancelled due to COVID-19 situation changes such as Local or National “lock down”, Travel Restrictions or you testing positive to COVID-19 your reservation will be protected by our “COVID Secure” scheme providing the following choices:
- Any monies paid can be allocated as a discount when re-booking fix your tariff for any time in 2021
- You can request a full refund and cancellation of your reservation
- We will not make a request for a deposit or payment towards your reservation more than 7 days before Check In. You will still be covered by choices 1 and 2 above if things change at short notice.
If you wish to discuss our COVID Secure scheme further please telephone or email us.
Additions and Changes to Cancellation Terms & Conditions:
Our desire is to be flexible when a reservation needs to be cancelled for a COVID-19 related reason such as falling ill with COVID-19, having your carrier cancel your flight or ferry due to a lock down, or a lock down being re-applied to us or you. For non COVID-19 related cancellations our standard T&Cs will apply. To encourage you to book with us when you are ready to travel again we are relaxing things for you as follows:
- We reserve the right to see documentation of the reason for your cancellation
- Temporary suspension of non-refundable deposits at the point of booking
- Full reservation value will be due either within the 7 days before Check In or when you Check out
- You will have to provide valid Credit / Debit card details when you make you reservation
- We will Pre-Authorise your card account 7 days before Check In for the full cost of your reservation or request payment
- In the event you have to cancel due a COVID-19 related issue we will not charge your card account and will refund any money already charged to your account or of you prefer, transfer your reservation to an alternative date
- Transfers of reservations must be before the end of the 2021 season
- We will hold the cost of your reservation to the original amount agreed
- Please note: if you placed your reservation through an online agent such as Booking.com, Expedia or Google Hotel Ads, we may have been charged a fee / commission at the point of booking that we cannot reclaim if you cancel. If this is the case then we will charge that fee / commission
- The way to avoid this charge is to BOOK DIRECT with us. You can do this on our website by “Clicking Here” or you can use the “Check Availability button on the right side of this page
- To check out our standard T&Cs and Tariff “Click Here”
- The above modification to our Cancellation Terms & Conditions override those that appear on your booking confirmation
If you have any questions about these modification to our Changes to Cancellation Terms – COVID-19 please contact us by:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1397 703320
Email: [email protected]
We thank all our guests for their co-operation and understanding at this time
Our priority is the safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves
Our first line of defence for all of us is to keep COVID-19 out of Torlundy House!
To tempt you, here is the view of Ben Nevis from our Breakfast Room! Not many B&Bs have this view at breakfast time.
Frank and Jesse welcome you back to The Highlands
Here is what Frank and Jesse's humans are doing to welcome you back to visiting The Highlands safely.
What do our guests say about us?
Take a look at what our Guests said about their stays with us over the years. Here are some excerpts from our Guest Book. You can also look us up on Tripadvisor.