FOOD CONSUMPTION ARRANGEMENTS AT TORLUNDY HOUSE
We are aware that some guests who want to take breakfast at Torlundy House may be concerned about our Breakfast Facilities and arrangements during this challenging time as we all get used to living with the COVID pandemic. Let us try to put your minds at rest.
Breakfast is included in the price of your stay when booked direct with us, however, during the booking process there is the option to remove breakfast and save on the cost of your room. If you wish to add breakfast at a later date you can tell us the day before in order that we can ensure we have sufficient supplies of fresh fruits as these are purchased daily.
During preparation and service of breakfast we wear appropriate PPE.
- Our Breakfast Room is quite large and can comfortably accommodate 3 couples on 3 tables with 2 metres between each table
- For those wishing to eat alone in the dining room we offer a “booked time slot” for you. This must be booked the night before and will be during normal breakfast hours
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance to, and in the Breakfast Room
Breakfast Service – there will be no communal shared open buffet
- As you are aware we offer a Scottish Style Continental breakfast
- Each table has a covered chilled display on it, there is no sharing between rooms
- Each table is provided with a sealed container of bread for toasting
- Fruit juices are provided in individual portion sized bottles
- Some food items will be provided in the sealed wrappers / packets we purchase them in
- Items like cold meats will be placed on a plate, in your chilled display along with a selection of fresh fruits, and cheeses and butter portions
- Milk will be provided in a stoppered bottle
- Tea and coffee will be freshly made and brought to your table.
- Cereals in portion packs are available
- Condiments are provided in sachets, preserves in sealed mini jars
- Porridge is available to order the night before
Bringing Take Away food back to Torlundy House
- We ask that Take Away food is consumed in the Breakfast room – it keeps stains off the furnishings and smells out of the bedroom
- Please tell us before you leave in the morning if you intend to bring Take Away food back so we can clear away all non-essential crockery and cutlery to avoid sanitising it again
- We will provide disposable plates, cutlery, tumblers, and napkins
- The breakfast room must be vacated by 21.00hrs (9pm) to allow us to sanitise it ready for morning breakfast
For those guests who have advised dietary needs i.e. gluten free.
It is difficult to obtain some gluten free and other dietary foods such as cereals in individual portion packets. We will therefore provide them in a sealed container for you.
It will help us provide for you if you can please tell us when you make your reservation, if you are having breakfast that you have a specific dietary requirement.
If you have not booked breakfast with us when you reserved your room, you may still order it when you check in, in order that we can obtain extra supplies if we need them.
If you have any questions not addressed here please get in touch and ask us.
Thank you for your co-operation.
To tempt you, here is the view of Ben Nevis from our Breakfast Room! Not many B&Bs have this view at breakfast time.
Frank and Jesse welcome you back to The Highlands
Here is what Frank and Jesse's humans are doing to welcome you back to visiting The Highlands safely.
What do our guests say about us?
Take a look at what our Guests said about their stays with us over the years. Here are some excerpts from our Guest Book. You can also look us up on Tripadvisor.