Fort William is the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Just some of the outdoor activities you can get involved in:
- Walking – easy or difficult walks, hikes too numerous to list here are available in Lochaber, from going up Ben Nevis to a gentle lochside walk. There are plenty of Munros round here to “bag” as well.
- Mountain bike riding – the UCI World stages and championships are held here, the area being renowned for its diverse cross country tracks and also downhill tracks to take you down Aonach Mor in minutes, and don’t worry you don’t have to cycle up, the gondolas have bike carriers on them. More information from the Nevis Range website.
- Fishing – sea and fresh water (trout and salmon). Here in Torlundy there is a trout fishery and another a few more miles down the road. In season mackerel are to be caught in Loch Linnhe near Fort William. The River Lochy is a fine salmon river.
- Horse riding – we have it here at Torlundy and another place near Oban
- Climbing for the less able – take the enclosed Gondola up Aonach Mor, enjoy short walks to view points and refreshments in the Mountain Cafe along with spectacular views.
- Climbing for the experienced from rock to ice climbing. There are plenty of guides and instructors for those who need their assistance.
- ActiveHighs – outdoor adventure activities with Active Highs are available to book including white water rafting, white water funyakking, river rafting safaris, canyoning, gorge walking, canoe trips, kayak trips, climbing & abseiling and of course mountain biking. Plenty of adrenalin for you, just look at the pictures below.
Pictures from Active Highs ©
Pictures from the Nevis Range ©
To tempt you, here is the view of Ben Nevis from our Breakfast Room! Not many B&Bs have this view at breakfast time.
Our Breakfast Buffet
We source as much of our food locally and of Scottish provenance. In season it is difficult to beat Scottish berries.
What do our guests say about us?
Take a look at what our Guests said about their stay with us in 2016. Here are some excerpts from our Guest Book. You can also look us up on Tripadvisor.
Healthy Breakfast Options
For those who don't always want a cooked breakfast we offer a selection of cheeses and breads that we change daily.
Fruit Options at Breakfast
We use as many Scottish berries as possible as well as other fresh fruits, often varying the selection.